Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Julie Mango

I created a new blog mango69
http://mango69.blogspot.com/
and moved all my mango related posts to it.
I'm gonna try to keep this blog for my artwork and miscellaneous stuff.
Much thanks.

Woopie!
Drip irrigation.
In my bedroom to slowly adjust to light, before I move it out to my backyard.
I love it.
I can't believe that I am the owner of a Julie Mango grafted tree. Its small but I hope it grows. I purchased it from Nipahut.com a Florida Nursery.
I paid about $48 for the plant (which includes shipping). It spent almost 7 days in a box traveling to me from Florida. Wow. Then I decided to plant the little mango plant into LECA which I bought at Home Depot for about $33 then the pot was from Lowes for $13. I put in a drip irrigation part for $5 more. This is gonna be expensive especially if the little guy dies.
I think the top part is the remains of a bloom? Maybe?
I feel so nostalgic about this plant. Makes me think about my youth in Trinidad.

No comments: